i’m not sure if i’ve ever really stuck to a new year’s resolution, but i think it’s important to probably run up a few, just because. i’m avoiding anything to do with racing, these tend to take care of themselves. the list below is more abstract, but probably more important.
1. get to grips with my commute; extend it a little bit in the mornings to include dundry and belmont.
2. only eat one enormous bar of chocolate per week, rather than per day.
3. take a deep breath and avoid fits of unceasing rage when confronted with a stubborn allen key bolt or crank arm.
4. take a deep breath and avoid fits of unceasing rage when confronted with a near death experience from a homicidal car driver.
5. continue to enjoy the bicycle for what it is, a source of constant amazement and happiness.
6. embark on a short saddlebag-tour into the welsh hills and mountains.