1. It’s potentially easier to cope with a wayward ferret than it is a dog on the loose
2. Imagine the riders’ delight when they reach into a feedbag filled with Pontefract Cakes and Dripping
3. It’ll put to bed all that Yorkshire willy waving on strava by reshuffling the top 189 somewhat
4. The podium presentation can use a magnum of Timothy Taylor’s Landlord for the customary ‘shake and spray’
5. They can hold the prologue on the V718 to celebrate the arcane world of the British Time Trial. The ‘Yorkshire Clubs Only’ regulations might need revision
6. They can squeeze in the Rosedale Chimney, a great climb for the sprinters and heavier riders…
7. It’ll give the fair citizens of Bradford an opportunity to witness first-hand the mythical ‘iron horse’ of which they have heard tell.
Don McCullin in Bradford: